Open Farm Day is an annual family adventure in which farms throughout all 16 counties in Maine, open their gates to offer the public an opportunity to learn about the business of agriculture.
This year Nezinscot Farm has partnered with our COOP, Organic Valley, to bring our visitors an educational farm visit that they will never forget!
Saturday, July 21st – Garlic Festival
• Fiber on the Porch Demonstrations: After 12:00 p.m.
• Garlic Luncheon Special, served until 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 22nd – Nezinscot Farm’s Open Farm Day, Sponsored by Organic Valley! – This is a FREE community event
• Guided & Self-Guided Farm Tours
• Guided Farm Walk: 1:00 p.m. with Gregg or Gloria Varney
• Cheese Demonstrations & Cheese Sampling: After 10:00 a.m.
• Café Specials on the Farm:
o House-made, handcrafted burger made with Organic Prairie ground beef, blended with seasonal fresh herbs, and topped with Organic Valley American Single Cheese
o Organic Prairie steamed all-beef hot dogs
o Organic Valley Grassmilk Vanilla Yogurt and fresh blueberries, house granola and maple syrup
o Farm Pizza featuring cheese from the Nezinscot farm as well as Organic Valley cheeses