Want to work in a kitchen with picturesque ocean views? Our ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience as a sous chef or line cook. The candidate will have a vested interest in the restaurant and working as a part of our restaurant team. Chef must display a positive attitude while being organized and professional with strong communication skills. Ideal candidate will be willing and able to work and learn and be dependable.
The restaurant is currently open 5 nights per week from 5-830 pm through 10/31 and will decrease to 4 nights per week with a winter menu beginning 11/1 for the slower season.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Menu Prep: sous chef is expected to be able to follow instructions and recipes and aid in the preparation for the evening dinner service. Menu items are created fresh and most items are made in house with little processed foods or prepared items. This may require more prep and time than other restaurants.
• Organization: sous chef may be required to help organize and put away food deliveries while inspecting for quality.
• Dish execution: to prepare menu items and plate consistently and with quality and freshness in mind.
• Safety Regulations: all safety regulations must be followed to ensure employee safety and restaurant cleanliness.
• Teamwork: Assist and follow guidelines from the Executive Chef.
• Customer Satisfaction: sous chef is expected to ensure customer satisfaction by producing consistent dishes.
In addition to the skill-set required to perform the physical job, the ideal candidate will also:
• Have excellent communication and conflict management skills as well as the desire and patience to encourage and nurture the growth of other team members.
• Comfortable working in an established restaurant environment with new innkeepers/restaurateurs.
• Resourcefully solve issues that arise
• Care deeply about the hospitality industry growing through innovative practices and policies to create equity and respect for people across the industry.
• Take pride in serving farm to table quality cuisine with an emphasis on fresh food use
Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Please include in the subject line of “Sous Chef Position, First Name, Last Name”. The Craignair Inn and Causeway Restaurant pays salaries that are competitive with restaurants of our budget size and geographic location.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion policy: it is our policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, sex, age, or veteran status. The Craignair Inn and Causeway Restaurant is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. The Craignair Inn and Causeway Restaurant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions.
Alcohol & Drug policy: the Craignair Inn and Causeway Restaurant is committed to providing a safe, quality-oriented, and productive work environment. Alcohol and drug abuse poses a threat to the health and safety of our employees and to the Craignair Inn and Restaurant’s equipment and facilities. For these reasons, the Craignair Inn and Restaurant is committed to providing an alcohol and drug free work environment.