Noble Kitchen & Bar at the Brunswick Hotel is actively searching for a creative, innovative, and motivated Sous Chef to join our Culinary team for our re-opening this Spring.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure that all items needed are in stock. Maintain daily pars and place inventory orders as needed.
- Regularly make table visits to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Practice and enforce proper food storage safety, allergy awareness, food storage safety, compliance with health department code, and all other safety and security policies and procedures.
- Oversee all work stations, often assisting in completing daily prep and working on each station.
- Enforce quality control of food at all times. Coordinate with the Executive Chef on proper food preparation, execution, and plate presentation.
- Assist Executive chef in the management of all culinary staff to include but not limited to; weekly scheduling, hiring, discipline/coach and counseling, performance evaluations and all training necessary to ensure smooth operation of the culinary department
- Actively train culinary employees.
- Assist Executive Chef in the control of labor management via strategic scheduling, overtime monitoring, and making daily staffing decisions.
- In addition to the regular execution of restaurant operations, also assist in the execution of special events, private parties, and banquets.
- Assist in the development of daily specials, special menus for promotions and holidays, quarterly menu changes, and other specialty menu items.
- Actively communicate with chef on all operational needs, guest complaints, recommendations, employee issues, etc.
- Regularly work as a culinary team member, such as working grill station or sauté station 4-5 shifts per week.
- Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
About Your Business
The Brunswick Hotel, managed by Hay Creek Hotels, offers 52 upscale guest rooms, various meeting and event options, outdoor patio, and full service restaurant just 30 minutes outside of Portland, ME. Our recently renovated Noble Kitchen & Bar embraces locally sourced ingredients in a diverse, global menu with creative cocktail options. Visit thebrunswickhotel.com and noblekitchenbar.com for more information.